When you’re in charge of booking a large event, it may appear that the ideal location will never be located. First and foremost, you’ll need to choose a location that can be hired at a reasonable price, accommodate all of the guests you’ve invited, and is easily accessible to all participants. Most importantly, you’ll need a location that complements your event’s concept.Every event is unique, and some may not need a huge location. This is why you must understand what the venue will do to suit your meeting requirements.
A wedding, for example, is not the same as a training or seminar. Weddings often require only one room and a location large enough to accommodate the entire entourage. Trainings vary greatly in terms of content and prerequisites.
This is essential consideration with large gatherings. The venue should be available on the requested date. If the major event is a team meeting, the company’s policies specify when this sort of gathering should take place. A later or earlier deadline might be considered a violation. This is why you should check to see if the preferred venue is available on the intended day.
2. Staffing at the venue
A significant number of employees will be required to cater to the demands of guests at major business events. Before entering into any contract with the venue, ask the following questions concerning venue staffing:
- How many employees are included in the rental price?
- Is the staff helpful in the welcome of the guests?
- What is your staff’s experience with events like the one you’re hosting?
- How adaptable is the staff to last-minute changes in the agenda?
3. Policy on CancellationCancellation policies differ from venue to venue, even among well-known hotel brands. In most circumstances, venues will need a non-refundable deposit that is calculated on a sliding scale and is generally due at the time the contract is signed. Cancellation costs can range from 100 percent to 60 days before to the event, depending on the venue.
4. Safety & Security
One of the first things you should inquire about is whether or not security is included in the rental fee. You should also inquire about the number of security people that will be provided. You must be aware of this in order to provide extra security if you believe the security supplied is inadequate. Aside from that, you should know what type of security equipment they will provide.
You must plan for a keynote speaker, rent a location large enough to accommodate all participants, provide
entertainment, and ensure that everyone is comfortable and has a pleasant meeting experience.