We all know that exercise is good for us and for our bodies. It helps us develop strong toned muscles, improve our metabolism, shed unwanted fat, releases endorphins and so much more. However, what few people know is that exercise can actually provide you with several beauty benefits as well. Here are 5 great beauty benefits of exercise to keep in mind the next time you’re debating hitting the gym.
- Believe it or not, sweating is actually great for the health of your skin. Often we think sweat is making our skin worse, and we think it can clog pores. In reality, when sweat releases onto your skin, it brings with it all the dirt, oil and build up that had been sitting in your pores, clogging them up. The only problem is that many people sweat and then fail to wash their face afterwards, leading to more acne and breakouts because the sweat, dirt, and oils are not wiped away, but are instead left to sit on the skin’s surface and eventually settle back into the pores. However, if you are consistent about thoroughly washing your face immediately following a workout, you will find your skin can begin to clear up significantly over time. In addition to clearing out your pores, exercise has been shown to control the production of hormones that induce acne such as DHEA and DHT, helping you to be less prone to breakouts on a chemical level.
- Sweat can also be great for your hair. Many of us hate the feeling of greasy hair, but when you workout and sweat, necessary oils are released onto the scalp, even if you wash your hair right after. These oils help to increase circulation of your scalp, revitalizing this area with natural, rich oils. Improved circulation means your hair will grow in much faster, healthier and stronger, for a beautiful mane!
- Ditch the cosmetic store blush. Instead, get a natural, vibrant glow from exercise, without paying for a product. Exercising helps to improve the circulation in your body, increasing oxygen and helping your overall complexion due to improved blood flow. Regular exercise will return a nice, healthy, rose color to cheeks every day.
- Decrease bloating by working out. Participating in at least 20 minutes of cardio can engage your body’s lymphatic system, ridding the body of unneeded salts and carbohydrates. This helps the body get rid of any unwanted puffiness you may be experiencing to help you feel and look your very best.
- Finally, exercise can help to prevent the development of wrinkles. Exercise helps us to reduce stress and feel better. On a deeper level, exercise actually reduces the amount of cortisol produced in the body, the culprit of stressful emotions. Cortisol actually breaks down the collagen in your skin, so exercise can prevent this breakdown from occurring or at least reduce it and slow it down. Exercise will also increase collagen production, helping to improve skin thickness and avoid fine lines.
Clearly, exercise is a good lifestyle choice. Not only will it help you to feel better and more confident, but it will also improve your beauty routine from the inside out! You don’t need to spend tons of money at the best day spas in Newton, all you need is a regular cardio and strength routine to be the very best you possible.