Wedding season is almost here and it’s time to get in shape so that you can actually fit in your wedding dress. But wedding season isn’t just relegated to the bride – there is the maid of honor, the bridesmaids, and the guests. If you have a slew of save-the-dates and invites to get back to, it’s actually a perfect excuse to get yourself on a good physical fitness so that you can look your best at that upcoming wedding. Here are some ways on how you can get in shape for your upcoming wedding.
- Getting in shape means cutting off those extra pounds you gained during the winter, but it also means looking healthy too. Eating things like nuts, seeds, and fish, like salmon, which are rich in amino and essential fatty acids, can reduce your cravings for more fatty food; and give you more energy for your workouts, so that you can maximize your fitness potential. Next time you feel like a snack, grab a bag of raw almonds, or at dinner, say no thank you to the cheeseburger and yes to the salmon.
- Also, weddings dresses and bridesmaid dresses (maybe not a winter bridesmaid dress) are all about exposing the arms, so focusing on toning your arm muscles is crucial. Unfortunately, women lack the necessary hormones to sculpt the arms, but they can do different exercises, like pushes ups and pull-ups. After a few weeks you will see the results. Chances are that the upcoming wedding isn’t for a couple of months, which gives you some time.
- You should also thinking about cutting out alcoholic drinks. Alcohol has tremendously high sugar and fat content. Cutting out the cocktails will help you have more energy, lose weight and you’ll look more refreshed. Alcohol will also cause unnecessary bloating and inflammation of the arms and face. You are much better off sticking with herbal tea or ice water.
- Also, as you are inching closer and closer to the big day, you can do some weightlifting to put on some finishing touches. Purchase some 5 to 10 pound dumbbells so that you can work out your biceps and and triceps will give you some serious definition that people will definitely be able to notice while you’re walking down the aisle or the dance floor.
- If you are ready to get serious about getting in shape for that upcoming wedding, you can combine cardio and muscle building exercises to give yourself a serious boot camp style workout. Sometimes the best way to burn fat and calories is to dedicate yourself to a short-term, but intense workout regiment to jump-start your body in to getting in shape. Many gyms have courses so that you aren’t alone, which can motivate you to push yourself further. Many times these kind of intense workouts take a serious amount of discipline. You can also hire a personal trainer who can collaborate with you on your specific fitness goals so that by the time the big day comes around you can be fit and looking your absolute best.