Losing weight and changing your appearance in a positive way is a wonderful thing, but the work doesn’t stop there if you want to truly maintain a healthy appearance. Any fitness enthusiast will tell you that shedding pounds isn’t the end of your journey towards health. What’s more is that many individuals can find themselves dealing with some irritating extra skin after a significant amount of weight loss. This type of situation can be unpleasant, but there are quite a few ways that you can remedy extra skin. We’ll talk about some of the best tips for tightening loose skin after weight loss with natural solutions that won’t hurt you financially.
1. Keep Yourself Hydrated. Water has a huge impact on the way your skin looks. Keep yourself hydrated for skin that’s more smooth and resilient. You can very easily go about making sure that your skin looks healthy by taking care to drink the right amount of water each day, which is about eight to ten glasses. Make this easy on yourself by keeping a water bottle nearby at all times. Similarly, foods like lettuce, apples, oranges, and watermelon will help you make sure that you’re getting enough water to keep your skin looking healthy and moisturized.
2. Improve Your Diet. There are a ton of healthy foods that you can eat to help your skin look a lot better. Try cutting back on carbs and introducing a bit more lean protein into your diet. Foods like chicken breast, lean pork, and beef will help your skin look healthy and firm. Similarly, foods that promote collagen production like salmon, blueberries, and strawberries are a great way to get your skin looking healthy after you’ve lost some weight.
3. Use Natural Lotions. There are a lot of lotion products with natural ingredients that will help you improve your skin’s elasticity and firmness. Look for lotions that have a lot of Vitamin E, Vitamin D, and/or shea butter. Use something like this twice a day to make sure you are moisturizing your skin as much as possible.
4. Work on Muscle Development. After you’ve lost your weight, try building a base layer of muscle to make sure that your skin doesn’t hang too loosely on your frame. You can do this by introducing resistance training into your exercise routine. No matter what, you’re going to need to exercise regularly once you’ve lost weight. If you make sure to include resistance training, you’ll be able to build muscle in addition to keeping your weight from coming back. Interval training, in which you exercise in short bursts, is a great way to focus on building muscle mass. Try joining a gym or even picking up some cheap fitness equipment for your home so that you can have an easy time staying in shape.
5. Exfoliate. Try brushing yourself with a soft-bristled brush, or vigorously using something like a loofah to make sure you’re keeping your skin cells stimulated. Doing this brushes off dead particles, and encourages your cells to regenerate, creating much healthier skin as a result. Do this in the shower as a way of making sure that you keep your skin healthy and looking great. When you drop some serious weight, you might wind up with skin that looks a little bit loose. Keep these easy tips in mind, however, and you’ll be able to keep yourself looking great no matter what.