You have definitely heard and read that eating healthy is always positive, so not to paraphrase what you already know, I’ll let the tips speak for themselves.
1. Drink Water. Drinking water is essential in general, not just for working out or losing weight. You don’t have to follow a rule of 8 or 12 glasses of water per day; the body asks for water when it wants, so don’t ignore its demands.
2. Try to eat every 3-4 hours, but not in large quantity. The metabolism is at ease if it is supplied in normal amount couple of times a day. If you overloaded it with for example 4.000 calories in one meal, it will have problems digesting them. But spreading those calories into 6 meals a day, the body will deal with them in much easier manner.
3. Make protein part of your food intake; whey protein, salmon, egg whites, bison, tuna, lean ground beef, chicken breast, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and etc. You can measure a portion by the size of your palm. Its one palm for women and two palm for men.
4. Vegetables in every meal. They are full of vitamins and have high percentage of fiber and minerals.
5. Consume the good fat contained in fish, nut butters, flax oil, avocado, nuts and ground flex seeds. They are good for energy, body composition and fat metabolism.