Triceps are an important muscle group, not just for the great looks, but also for assisting other muscles groups reach their peak and strength. The Bench Dips is a basic triceps workout like push-ups for chest and pull-ups for back muscles.
– Set 2 benches parallel separated about 4 to 5 feet (1m to 1, 5 m). Feel free to adjust the distance if 4 feet is too short for you.
– Sit on one bench with hands placed at shoulder length on the edge of the bench; -Place the feet on the other with knees straighten.
– Lift your body a bit forward from the bench with hands on bench. From this position, make a dip as low as you can, then bring your body to initial position.
– Make 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions (or make more if you are able to). Increase the number of repetitions as you progress further.
– This movement activates the triceps 100 %.
Don’t lower yourself too deep; it may cause problems to your elbows and back. If you fell that placing your feet on a bench is hard for you, than take the easier version; put your feet on the floor, but keep the knees straight. When you conquer the floor-version, move on to the Triceps Dips with two benches.