This is the most popular and the most default ab exercise. Make sure the exercise is part of your ab workout routine like push-ups and pull-ups. Also, keep in mind that you have to switch ab exercises regularly; Remaining on just few ab exercises won’t give effective results.
- Lie on your back; head and shoulders touching the floor.
- Bend your knees enough to touch the floor flat on your feet.
- Put your arms behind your head
- Now lift the shoulders from the floor and hold that position for about two seconds.
- Return to initial position, but don’t touch the floor.
- Do 3 sets with 25 to 30 repetitions.
Concentrate on making proper crunches. You can bend the head forward, but little. Always look straight, not in your stomach. Don’t push your head with the arms to make a lift; abs will do that for you. Maintain firm position with your feet and lower back. Remember – lift only your shoulders, not the whole back.